Monday, January 16, 2017

white collar, blue collar. breaks and smoking and overtime

Was pondering this on my way in,

#1 why is it white collar can only get breaks if they smoke? You don't have to smoke blue collar. I work 10 hour days, no breaks, no lunch, in fact in the 15 years I've worked engineering it is EXPECTED for you to work through breaks if you don't smoke. It's EXPECTED for you to work any part of lunch your in the building without billing for it. When I worked the Chrysler line we got a break every 2 hours, whether it was an 8, 10 or 12 hour shift, every 2 hours. If you walk away from your desk your just lazy, looking to get out of work. I smoked at one job JUST to get breaks. I think many do.

#2 overtime, we discussed in my interview I have my own business that I need to run. It's not a hobby, it's not something can be done "some other time" they are animals, it's a farm.. it's our goal to just do that as soon as we can figure a way for it to pay for itself or get finding somehow to pay off the land. I can't feed 90 animals.... some other time. I can't milk goats, some other time.

Back to the quest of paying off the farm to stay there, I've come up with some really good facts and ideas but can't seem to get people to donate that couch/ car change or what they'd spend on coffee for one week, but gotta keep trying. Can't do many more years of this white collar work.

http://katehagerartist.com




No comments:

Post a Comment