Monday, December 12, 2016

the problem with contract places for work

So we got like 9" of snow over the last 24 hours. Roads are crappy, all schools are closed, daycares, churches, etc. I've been on my job over 6 months, but through a contract place. We get no benefits, no paid vacation, no accrued time off, sick or personal, health, etc. Here us 5 contract employees sit at work. There are a couple other straglers....but most of the "real" employees...with benefits like we don't get...called in snow day yeah, can't make it out the driveway!!

And yet we....had to get up early, scrap, dig, fight our way out and in and risk lives...not because we are brand new and working towards benefits. Because we are "contract" - which is what almost every employer uses nowadays. There is a problem with that.


 I could do my job just as well on a laptop...at my house, safe off the roads. I'm a draftsman, designer, 15 years experience. Why can't I find a firm that will let me work there, remote, flex schedule with benefits like a real employee??
http://katehagerartist.com

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. I am not quite much with the internet, but I believe that what I just read is some good material. Thanks for writing such wonderful article. God bless
    cheap cannabis seeds

    ReplyDelete