Thursday, September 15, 2016

to the farmers,gardeners, country folk

You'll get this, some others maybe not but it's all good. I thought of this on the way in... my job is like having to go sit in the cab of a tractor at 7am...that is broke. And you know the mechanic isn't coming til at least 9.
But if you don't show up at 7 your late. And there will be someone to make sure your there. You can't read anything but the service manual...that you've been looking at for 2 weeks cause that's how long the tractor been broke. Otherwise you don't "look busy" You see the mechanic come in...walks by closes door. Dang it back to cleaning it again even though you did that two days ago....meanwhile there are 3 bushels of tomatoes at home that need something done, 5 rabbits that need to go in the freezer, squash to pick, potatoes to dig...you get the idea. So you sit...again....... finally comes out at 10am good news we got the parts!! AWESOME I get something to do right. Naw I'm heading over to fix the drill and get it ready. But I'll be back to talk about fixing this at 4 and maybe tomorrow we'll get to it.
so the artist and farmer sits. There is soap to be made
have to get ready for market tmw, I could do a charcoal drawing of this size and detail in the 
amount of time I sit in my office chair every week. It's not just this office, I've been drafting/
designing autocad and microstation for 15 years. It's the field, the folks here are pretty decent
folks for the most part. 
But to the farmers out there that are now thinking what a waste of time.
You understand.
My non farmer friends say but they pay you. Yes they pay me.
Anyone that works pay check to pay check understands I have to show up and sit.
I can't not and still pay bills.
But... I so wish I could just pay off the farm and no longer have to do this.
http://katehagerartist.com
katehagerartist@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment